Gmail labels: Create, Edit & Use
With the aim of giving innovative and top-quality services, Gmail has started its journey in 2004. Before the inception of the Gmail services, people had to undergo a large number of issues. Frequent interruptions in receiving and sending email and security related issues were on rife. Following the huge demands of reforms in the email services, Gmail came into existence. As a result of offering cutting-edge and perfect email services, people have got the freedom from the majority of the issues. Furthermore, Gmail has set the benchmark in offering simple but effective features to maintain the neat and tidy state of the email account. What makes Gmail more smart and effective than others is its label features. But, the amazing fact of the matter is that a large number of people don't know "how to create labels in Gmail". Many people have been found asking about "how to organize Gmail inbox". Gmail labels are the solution for everyone who is looking forward to managing their Gmail inbox.
If you also don't know how to create and manage the labels in Gmail, you are not alone. We invite you to read this helping post to understand all the aspects of the labels in Gmail. Find below the main three topics to get the most of the Gmail services.
- What are Gmail labels?
- How to create labels in Gmail?
- How to edit labels in Gmail?
- How to use labels in Gmail?
- How to move an email to a label?
What are Gmail labels?
Gmail labels are a great way to keep the mail account well-ordered and organized. Basically, it is a kind of tag that you can add to every email. Amazingly, you can insert the labels to every email that you receive and send. The additional advantage of the labels is that you can create and add as many labels as you want. So, it means, handling all the emails is totally at your fingertips.
How to Create Labels in Gmail?
Creating labels is just a matter of a minute. Just scroll down to read the best ways to create the labels in Gmail for a hassle-free experience.
- Log in to your Gmail account on the PC or laptop.
- Now from the option bar, click on the more option.
- Here from the drop-down menu, you must pick up creating a new label option.
- Enter the name of the label according to your suitability.
- To complete the creation of the Gmail labels, click on the Create option.
Note: You can repeat the same procedure to make as many labels as you wish. Otherwise, reach directly to our Gmail customer service for hassle-free assistance.
How to Edit Labels in Gmail?
There may come a time when you would like to edit the Gmail labels. Thanks to Gmail for offering a simple and short process to edit the Gmail labels. Check out the below-mentioned steps about how to edit labels in Gmail.
- Sign in to your Gmail account.
- Now take the cursor to the label's name.
- Select the arrow and proceed with the edit option.
- Here comes an option to edit the labels.
- To save the changes, do click on the save option.
Note: Labels in Gmail could be created only through a computer, not the mobile app. But, you can edit labels in Gmail through the mobile application.
How to use labels in Gmail?
The efficient use of labels in Gmail may do wonders. If you receive many emails in a day, labels can tremendously help you to manage and handle all the emails. It will not only save your time but also make you more efficient in your profession. For more information about the use and creation of the Gmail labels, you can always call our top-class email tech support and Gmail customer service department. We have expertise in curing all kinds of issues like Gmail labels not working, creation of the Gmail automatic labels and more.
How to Move an Email to a label?
Another biggest advantage that you may not know is that users can move labels in Gmail. Instead of making a new label every now and then, in a few clicks, you can move an existing label to another email or any folder. Take a glimpse of the simple steps to move the labels in Gmail.
- After login, open the email.
- Select the folder that you can find just below the search bar.
- Now once you click on the folder, all the existing labels will appear. You can select any labels that you want and move or link to any email.
- Alternatively, you simply can select any email first and then move the selected email to the desired label.