Gmail Shortcuts - Enable, Disable & Use
We all love to save time because everyone knows that once the time is gone, never will come back. Yet, we can't hold or stop time from passing off. But, we always can use every second of our life for a good cause. The good news is that with the help of Gmail shortcuts keys you can save time and improve professional efficiency. Shortcut keys are a simple and quick way to lead and operate the computer, window operating system, and other programs. With the help of shortcut keys, you can do a lot of work without using the mouse. It means, no longer you have to juggle between keyboard and mouse for every now and then. Yet, shortcut keys differ from software to software. Through this post, I am intended to tell you a few numbers of Gmail short commands. You can involve Gmail shortcuts keys in your daily life. And save a lot of time with enhanced performance.
How to Turn on Gmail Shortcuts?
One noticeable thing about Gmail keyboard shortcuts is that by default it remains turned off. So, to save time and boost your performance in office, take a minute to turn on Gmail keyboard shortcuts.
- The first step is to log in to your Gmail account with your Id and password.
- Now go to the menu option which looks like a gear in shape, available at the right corner of the screen.
- From drop-down menu pick upsetting option.
- Scroll down to find the keyboard shortcuts tab and choose keyboard shortcuts on.
- Move down on the screen and click on save changes.
Note: Above mentioned method applies to computers and the web version of Gmail only. In case if you have any trouble in enabling the Gmail keyboard shortcut keys, talk to the experts of Gmail customer service.
What are the important & useful Gmail Shortcuts keys?
Writing, sending and forwarding email is a part of our daily lives. In general, most email users depend upon the mouse. Some people may prefer to use mouse over Gmail short commands. But, with the help of Gmail short commands, you can decrease your dependency on the mouse and save a lot of time. And quality performance will be an added advantage for you. Find below some important and useful Gmail shortcuts commands.
- To compose a new Gmail, press the key C.
- To open a compose email window on a new tab, press the D key.
- Forget the sent tab to send emails. Just press Ctrl+Enter.
- Want to forward an email instantly? Just enter the F key on your keyboard.
- Reply to any email on time is quite important. Press just R key and get hassle-free.
- Just press A key to reply to all recipients.
- Use J key to go down on your Gmail screen and press the K key to go up.
- Press N key to quickly scroll down on a conversational thread.
- Text formatting is useful to leave an impression on the mind of receivers. You can use Ctrl+B keys to bold the selected words.
- With the help of Ctrl+I, you can give a italicize shape to the selected words.
- By using Ctrl+U, you can underline the selected text.
- Making a mistake is human error. Use Ctrl+Z to undo the previous action and remove the error.
- A hyperlink is very important to invite the maximum visitors through an email link. Press Ctrl+K to insert a hyperlink in your email.
There are so many highly beneficial Gmail shortcuts keys. To find all the Gmail shortcuts commands, just press Shift+?. And the long list of keyboard shortcuts will appear on your computer screen. For more information about the Gmail keyboard shortcut, feel free to call our Gmail customer care department.
How to Turn off Gmail Shortcuts?
It may be possible that you have grown accustomed to the mouse. It's fine if you don't want to use Gmail shortcuts. A large number of people are fine with the use of the mouse to create, send and forward the emails. If you want to undo the changes, you can do so and start using the mouse. Here is a what-to-do list to turn off Gmail shortcuts.
- After login to Gmail account, select the gear-shaped icon.
- Choose a setting from the menu and scroll down the setting page.
- Find the keyboard shortcuts option and select the keyboard shortcuts off option.
- Don't forget to click on save changes.