Simple Steps To Fix Live.Com Email Login Issue: Fix Live Mail Not Working
Frustrated? Overwhelmed? Wondering why can't I sign into my live email account? Worry not. It is no more a secret that Live.com mail sometimes goes berserk. People who use live mail to send, receive, and store email messages know very well that once in a while login-related errors might appear all of sudden without any prior hints. The situation of being not able to sign in to your Live mail account clearly means that you can't send and receive an email to and from your contacts. And what makes the situation worse is the fact that live mail users don't get help on time from live customer service. That's why many people could be seen asking on the internet a question - Why is live mail not working? How to fix live.com email login issues?
This quick helping post is all about the reasons behind the live.com mail not working issue and their solutions. If you are not a great fan of reading, you can contact us and get assistance. Else, take a minute to read this post and fix the login.live.com not responding error on your own with ease of mind.
How do I log into my live email accounts?
Making mistakes is in human nature. And when one makes a mistake while login into the live mail account then he will be bound to have a live email sign-in error for sure. So, the best bet is to avoid the mistake that others make and follow the right steps for live mail login. These are the steps to follow for successful live.com mail.
- So, the first step for login into your live.com email account is to navigate to the official page: Outlook.com.
- Click the sign-in tab.
- Now enter your live mail id and password.
- Follow the steps as mentioned on the screen.
- If you have forgotten your live mail password click forgotten password.
Why can't I sign into my live email account?
Why is live mail not working? Every now and then frustrated live mail users contact us and ask this question. The answer to this question lies in understanding the reasons that lead to the live.com login issue. Poor internet connection is one of the most common but often forgotten reasons that always prevents the users from accessing their live mail accounts. So, always make sure that your device is getting sufficient internet signals. Talk to your internet service provider if you find any problem with your internet connection. In addition to the poor internet connectivity, there could be the below-mentioned reasons that might result in live.com email login errors.
- Server down
- Incorrect IMAP, POP, or SMTP settings.
- Presence of Browser Related Problem.
- Storage of too many caches and cookies files in your browser.
- Corrupt DNS settings.
- Using an infected browser or device.
How to fix Live.com email login Issue?
Here comes the most exciting part of this blog as we are going to discuss how you can fix the live.com email login issue in simple steps. If you think everything is fine with your internet connection but still wondering why your live.com email account is not working then it is time to get more technical. The process of troubleshooting becomes simple if you know where exactly the problem is. But, on the other hand, if you don't have an idea about the problem then you must follow the steps in sequence as I have laid them out for you. If you do so, I am sure, you will definitely be able to fix the login error on live mail.
Steps to follow to fix Live.com email login Issue
- Deleting the cache and cookies file from your browser is the first step towards fixing the login error on the live email service. Caches and Cookies files normally do not pose any threat. But, once their storage increases to a higher level they start causing problems including obstacles in signing in to email accounts. So, the idea here is to go to the settings section of your browser and delete all the cache and cookies.
- IMAP, POP, and SMTP settings are of great use when it comes to accessing any email account on a phone or computer. However, most of the time, their settings are correctly installed automatically. But, sometimes or you can say occasionally they get erroneous, and then what appears on the screen in live mail is - login error. In such a case, contacting the live.com customer service is the best thing. Alternatively, you can contact us and get assistance.
- Speaking of the hassle-free login experience, the well-being of the browser is a must. Let's not forget that all browsers are subject to constant upgrades. Whether your browser is functioning poorly or not responding, both types of problems could be fixed by updating the browsers. So, take a minute to update your browser.
DNS settings to fix live.com email login issue
Last but not least, an important factor is DNS settings. DNS stands for Domain Name Systems. You can think of the DNS as the system which is responsible for connecting you to websites by matching human-readable domain names. These are entries for your DNS settings:
- Incoming (POP3) Server
- Server address: pop3.live.com
- Port: 995
- SSL Encryption: Yes
- Outgoing (SMTP) Server
- Server address: smtp.live.com
- Port: 25 (or 587 if 25 is blocked)
- Authentication: Yes
- TLS or SSL Secure Encrypted Connection: Yes