Two-Step Verification on Hotmail: Set up & Benefits
Hotmail is a top-rated and widely used communication tool. In fact, in recent years, Hotmail has transformed the way companies carry out their businesses at a global level. People love Hotmail because it has eliminated delays and barriers to communication. As Hotmail is fast, free, best in class it is quite obvious to choose it to send and receive plenty of important email messages, images, and documents. Hotmail is owned by the legendary corporate of all time: Microsoft Inc. Therefore, Hotmail users have to go through the Outlook website. So, people also call it MSN and Windows mails. As being a part of Microsoft, Hotmail offers cutting-edge security features. But, the uncomfortable truth is that in recent years, the hacking technique has also evolved and grew advanced. So, to be worried about the protection of stored data is quite normal. But, don't worry; Two-Step Verification on Hotmail is the answer to your all troubles related to the security and safety of your email messages. Read the information given below along with some other important information about how to enable Two-Step Verification on Hotmail, set up and benefits.
What is the Two-Step Verification on Hotmail?
Two-Step Verification is also known as 2FA or 2-Step Authentication on Hotmail. 2FA on Hotmail is the latest evolved and unique way to log in. As the name suggests, Two-Step verification is the process for login in which only entering the password is not enough. It means, after entering the correct password, users get a secret code to their registered phone number from the Hotmail server. And for successful login; users have to enter that secret code number in the field to verify that they are the authenticate person for login. Another advantage of this service is that users can enable and disable 2FA on Hotmail. Not only this; users also can change their registered phone number and enjoy the services without paying anything.
Entering a secret code that Hotmail delivers to the users' registered phone number becomes mandatory.
How to Enable Two-Step Verification on Hotmail on Computer?
Hotmail is famous for several great features across the world. People prefer to use only Hotmail to send and receive important mail messages. The reason behind the growing popularity of the Hotmail lies in its thick layer of security that helps the user to stay safe all the time from all kinds of email hackings and unauthorized access. That's not all; Hotmail lets users turn on and turn off the Two-layer verification in just a few simple clicks. Here are the steps to activate the 2FA on Hotmail. The same steps you can follow to enable the Hotmail’s Two-Step verification on Phone.
- Type and enter Outlook.live.com.
- Go to the right-top corner and click sign in.
- Now enter your email address and click on the next tab.
- Here comes a step to enter your password and click sign in.
- Select your profile from the tab and choose view profile from the drop-down menu.
- Here comes a new Window showing you a tab for Subscription, Family, Devices and Payment & Billing.
- Click the Security tab from the top navigation bar and click on the explore tab.
- Now click on the "Set up Two-Step Verification" tab.
- Here comes a small description about "Set up 2-Step Verification". After reading it clicks on the next tab.
- This is an important step as you need to choose the method of verification. You can choose "A Phone Number" or “An Alternate Email Address" for hassle-free verification.
- Now click on "Get it now".
- Select the international code of your country and enter the contact number of yours.
- Mark the checkbox of text to get code through SMS and click next.
- Now type the code in the given field and click the next tab.
- Upon successful entry of the code, you will get a message that reads "Two-Step verification is turn on".
- On the same screen, you will get a unique code as well that you need to keep in a safe place always. Don't store it in any device.
- Now click next to complete the procedure.
What are the Benefits of Two-Step Verification on Hotmail?
Experts refer the Two-Step Authentication as a bundle of benefits because it offers the following profits:
- 2FA on Hotmail is fast, free and effective.
- Easy to use, manage and set up are some added advantages.
- It is effective on the computer as well as mobile phones.
- Hackers can't break the 2-Step verification security feature.
- 2FA on Hotmail is customizable. Users can enable and disable it anytime.
With the help of Two-Step verification, users can recover Hotmail Forgotten password.